Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Crafty DIY:: Crocheted Graduation Owl

Okay, so it's been forever since I've been posting and then I'm suddenly back and diving right in with no explanation. Well, we had a good reason to be out of commission for so long here on ahomebeautiful blog...we were growing our little family from two to three. And it's been the best time of our lives! While I wasn't blogging, I did have *some* time to craft, decorate our new home and discover and create some healthier-than-normal recipes - some of which I've already started to share here, here, and here.

We've had many exciting events this past year for our family. One was our younger sister graduating. For her graduation I made her this adorable little owl graduate. You can get the free pattern here, but you do need a login to the Lion Brand site, also free and worth it if you crochet often since they have good patterns.

I changed the colors to match her school and I also added a little rolled up piece of textured paper that I tied on with yarn as a diploma but I didn't seem to get a picture with it. I love this little guy and had a lot of fun making all his little parts - wings, webbed feet, eyes, cap, and one horned ear - and then figuring out how to put them all together. I don't know if she named him, but in my imagination his name is Eli.

- Eli the owl -

No comments:

Post a Comment