Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Five of My Faves:: Skin Care

I, like many women, have battled with my skin to keep it staying clear but the one thing I don't struggle with is keeping it looking young and healthy. Yes, I am blessed with youth, but I started caring about aging early. Most young women don't think much about their aging skin, but with all the health facts we know now, the best thing we can do is to take care of ourselves at any age. I take care of my skin in a few simple ways: washing morning and night, applying sun screen every morning to my face, neck and hands, and every night I apply a night cream. Here are some of my faves for helping my skin survive life and stay beautiful.  


St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser, Oil-Free 6.75 fl oz (200 ml)
I have very oily skin, especially my t-zone and I've found that tea tree oil works great for this without drying you out completely. After all, our natural oils are the best for keeping our skin youthful. I like St. Ives Natural Tea Tree Cleanser. It's not overpowering and leaves no residue.


Neutrogena Visibly Even Daily Moisturizer, SPF 30, 1.7 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Protecting your skin, especially your face, hands and neck every day from the sun is important for preventing aging, skin cancer and staying youthful. With such oily skin, it has been a serious hunt for the right product. I've tried so many! If they aren't at least SPF30 they don't make the cut (SPF20 just isn't good enough when we are talking about my face!). To avoid oily residue, especially under makeup, I've found that a moisturizer is the only thing that works. Regular sunscreens are too thick and cause oily skin to overproduce. Neutrogena Visibly Even Daily Moisturizer comes in SPF30 and is smooth enough to apply under foundation and keeps me from getting burnt on an average day of sun exposure. 


AcneFree Clear Skin System, 3-Step Kit (Purifying Cleanser, Renewing Toner, Repair Lotion)
While I use a mild cleanser every morning, I need something stronger after exercise. After a workout, my face, neck and back need attention or I could have skin breakouts. I really like the AcneFree Clear Skin formula, especially the toner. The cleanser stains if you don't wash off completely so be warned. The toner doesn't over dry even if you use once a day. I often use it at night after my regular face wash. 

Johnson's Baby Oil with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E, 14 oz
A little secret my mom passed on from her mom:: baby oil. It makes a great, a cheaper, makeup remover. It works wonders on dark mascara too. Just use a cotton pad and a tiny amount of baby oil. I use it over my whole face to remove makeup. I use Johnson's Baby Oil with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E because I really can't get enough moisturizing vitamins back into my skin.


Vital Care Age Defying Vitamin E Creme 0.8oz (225g)
Last but not least, I can't go to bed without my favorite night cream, Vital Care Age Defying Vitamin E Cream. It's thick, full of vitamins and promotes healing. It's like a glass of water for your face. My final tip:: Drink Lots Of Water!!! There is nothing better than any of these tips than mother nature.


No comments:

Post a Comment