Sunday, May 29, 2011

Project:: Flower Necklace

Flower Necklace
After creating a beautiful Reading Glass Necklace for our Nana, I was inspired to try out another beautiful design that caught my eye by Bromeliad. She took a clear bead necklace and added ribbon and a fabric flower. It's a beautiful idea and inspired me to create my own. I gave this one to my sister for her birthday. She loved it and it went beautifully with her new cream lace top. 


Here's how I did it:


I used clear crystal beads, bead thread, gold transparent ribbon, a gold button and a flower button. 


1. I thread about seven large circular crystal beads on a ten inch piece of bead thread and placed two medium sized beads on either side. I then thread four medium sized beads on a second piece of bead thread and placed five smaller beads on either side. This created a cascade effect on the two pieces of string with the beads. 

2. Lay the strings of beads with the larger ones on the bottom and smaller on top on your workspace. Tie the string so the knot is tied close to the ends of the smaller beads and some loose thread is left on the string with the larger beads. This way when you pick them up the larger bead string should hang lower and keep the smaller beads in place above it. 


3. Tie a ribbon strand on either side of the beads around the knots you just made. 


4. String a button onto the ribbon on both sides of the necklace. Tie in place by looping the ribbon back through the button to keep it facing out on the necklace and not flipping around when you wear it.


5. Add a clasp or tie ribbon to wear. I added a clasp at the proper length I wanted this one and then left excess ribbon so you can tie it over the clasp to hide it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment