Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Good Eats:: Beer Soaked Kidney Beans

Beer Soaked Kidney Beans
Beans are often on many an Eww Gross list due to their thick skins that provide an unsatisfying texture and the even worse unappetizing digestive effect. But there is a solution. Beer!
We enjoy a good beer and I enjoy cooking with any kind of beer. For beans, the cheep kind works well because the light flavor adds a subtle crisp taste to most recipes that include my beer soaked beans, especially my chili…recipe to be included in an upcoming blog series I'm starting on tasty economical meals that make great leftovers.
I cover my beans in beer and bake for half an hour at 350 degrees. The skins should be slightly split when they are done and the insides will be tender but not mushy. The beer breaks down the skins so they are no longer chewy or the cause of an embarrassing consequence for enjoying a delicious dish. Now that’s a beautiful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment