Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year's Resolution #1: Total Life Pursuit

Yesterday I shared fourteen inspirations from my 2013 to help inspire your 2014. Today I want to share with you the first of many resolutions I've made this year that I will be sharing here on the blog. Go!

So in 2013, I left my freelance career because I felt led by God to pursue wife-hood and mama-hood full-time. And it's been one of the best decisions of my life! I also put faith in God that, despite not working in a traditional sense, he would provide a place for me to use the talents he's given. And he did just that!

Over the last year, I have become increasingly involved with a vision our pastor had been dreaming. He was led to become a Certified Personal Trainer and create a lifestyle program. This lifestyle vision is called Total Life Pursuit  (or TLP as most call it for short).  It's all about pursuing life to the next level in all 6 areas of life (spiritual, physical, mental, emotional, relational and financial). I started off helping with a the logo, a business card...then editing a few things. The more I read the more excited about it I got and the more involved I got in the project. Long story short, by the time I left my job I was fully editing the TLP book and designing the cover to go with it. 

It has been an amazing journey and an honor to work alongside a truly inspired man of God on this vision. Personally, as an editor I have never been so inspired nor as excited as I am to say this book is here and ready to be a part of your life!  I say a part of your life, because this is not one of those books you read just once. It is one of those books that you read, and reread, and go to as a reference, and come back and refresh on a certain area you want to focus on. It's a manual for life. (Actually the TLP Life Manual is yet to be published, but we're working on it!)

Before I go any further, seriously, go buy his book - Total Life Pursuit: Living Remarkably in the Six Major Areas of Life. Or get it on Kindle. It will change your life! Besides, who doesn't want to live a remarkable life? 

So what's my first resolution of 2014?

Resolution #1:  I am continuing to partner with our talented pastor to put my God-given talents to use with his God-given vision for Total Life Pursuit. And to motivate as many people as possible to join this lifestyle revolution!

Check out resolutions #2, #3 (part 1) and #3 (part 2).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Life Pursuit: Living Remarkably in the Six Major Areas of Life
Synopsis: Somewhere we have accepted mediocre, or less, as tolerable in different areas of life, especially if we excel in one or two areas.  We can excel in every area.  We have what it takes.  Total Life Pursuit will take you through the six major areas of life and help you grasp what you need to begin your assent, one step at a time, to the life that you have dreamed of living.

Total Life Pursuit is written to call people to a higher level of living and to equip, encourage and build the hope needed to achieve success.


Stay tuned to the TLP blog for life changing motivation, healthy goals, spiritual food, workout tips and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment