Saturday, July 9, 2011

Good Eats:: Kale Chips

Kale Chips
I recently saw this new idea for Kale and I'm so glad I tried it! Kale is one of those veggies that's super good for you but I'm still learning how to eat it. It's easy to use it in many of the same ways you use spinach, but this is by far the best way I've eaten Kale yet. And it was really easy to do.

Here's how I made them:
1. Trim your kale from the center rib using a sharp knife. I used two large leaves to get this snack size bowl full. Perfect for two.
2. Cut into about 2 inch size pieces since they will curl up and get a little smaller after baking. Ripping the pieces doesn't work well with Kale since it's pretty durable. 
3. Spread pieces on baking sheet and drizzle about 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil. Stir them around well to make sure both sides are covered. Generously salt with coarse sea salt.
4. Bake for 15 minutes at 300. Remove from oven, let cool, serve and enjoy!

Kale chips definitely have a unique flavor so your non-veggie lovers may be skeptical at first but the crunchiness and saltiness sort of melt in your mouth and grow on you. They are such a healthy alternative that if the Kale flavor is still too strong I'd encourage you to try them with additional seasoning such as crushed red pepper to spice them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment